The first 100% Electric bus with body built in New Zealand
Built in 2017 with the following attributes:
- 260kw rate peak power motor
- LG Lithium Iron batteries
- Various battery options available
- A range over 200 kilometres
- Wabco brakes/power steering
- ZF steering
- Established bus/train manufacture in China (1st time their chassis has been built on outside China)
- Quality Kiwi Bus Builders built body
The first 100% Electric Double-Decker bus with body built in New Zealand
In 2018 Kiwi Bus Builders started the build of ten 100% fully electric double-decker city buses for Greater Wellington Regional Council. These were the first electric double-deckers in the Southern Hemisphere and the first vehicle was launched at Parliament on 5th July 2018. These buses have a capacity of 68 seated passengers and 16 standees and have the ability to re-charge in under 6 minutes to give a 100km range.
2021 and Beyond
2021 and Kiwi Bus Builders are building 31 further double-decker EV’s, this time to include Air Conditioning on the upper floor. With the technology in battery operation constantly improving this 2nd generation electric bus now has a 200km range on a 6-minute fast charge.
Electric Buses in Build
Double Decker Electric Chassis.